This job is no longer available
London Market Compliance Officer
My client is a leading London Market insurer is currently looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to provide effective day to day compliance support to the business units and the Head of Compliance.
The organisation is a highly respected and successful insurance business with an enviable track record in general insurance and within the Lloyds Market. This role would provide an excellent challenge and ideal career platform for individuals with at least 5 years' experience operating in an effective compliance team within a specialist commercial lines or London Market organisation.
They require a candidate with significant experience in a Lloyd's managing agency compliance team.
Experience assisting syndicates fulfilling its obligations under relevant Lloyd's and UK FSA rules. Some experience of working for an organisation with both Lloyd's and non-Lloyd's operations would also be desirable.
- Relationship Management: To maintain effective and good working relationships with key stakeholders within the syndicate and the P&C business. Attend key business meetings and manage the Lloyd's supervisory relationship and compliance regime.
- Advice: To monitor regulatory requirements and provide advice to the business on implementation and embedding of regulation and business procedures into business process and culture.
- Oversight: Binding Authorities, Transaction reports, underwriting controls (authorities and file review), Broker Review Committee
- Licensing: Surplus lines and branch licensing.
- Projects: To carry out projects as directed by the Compliance Officer.
- Management and Administration: Attendance at team meetings, one to one meetings and preparation of reports, Terms of Business Agreement and the performance management of the Compliance Assistant
- To work within the framework of ethical and service standards. To fulfil compliance and regulatory requirements (including complaints procedure).
Skills & Experience
- Regulatory knowledge
- Relationship management (client and team)
- Understanding of the business
- Interview techniques
- Analytical skills
- Report writing
- Project management
- Anti-money laundering
- Data Protection
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Role specific requirements e.g. SOX controls
- Strategic Thinker
- Taking ownership of challenges and assignments
- Coaching and mentoring ability
- Proven leadership ability
- Value orientated
- Confidence and decisiveness
- Graduate/ACII/other relevant professional qualification or significant experience either as or with a Lloyd's Compliance Officer.
If you feel you fulfil the required skills qualities and experience, and are interested in exploring this opportunity further, I invite you to submit your CV via the appropriate Apply button on this page. If you would like a confidential discussion about this opportunity, I would welcome a call to discuss the position in detail on 0207 310 8790.