Corporate Insurance (Commercial ) – 3+ years' PQE
In a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment the success of our business depends on the quality of our people. We therefore invest heavily in attracting and retaining the top talent, and helping them to fulfil their potential. It is only by doing this that we can stay at the top of our game.
But not just at the top of our game, continually upping it, too. We have recently announced new offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bristol, underlining our commitment to ambitious growth.
Our open and dynamic working environment reflects the culture of the firm. There's little in the way of hierarchy and our people are encouraged to be themselves and take on as much responsibility as they are ready for, whilst receiving the support they need to develop both their professional and business skills.
RPC is synonymous with insurance, having supported the sector in doing business throughout the world for over 60 years. Our commitment was recognised by winning Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2012 and Service Provider of the Year at the British Insurance Awards 2012.
We have combined our innate understanding of the sector with some of the best transactional, commercial and regulatory lawyers in the market to establish one of the City's leading corporate insurance practices, focusing on both Lloyd's and the wider insurance market. Our continuing success securing high quality instructions means we need high quality people to help support our clients' interests.
We are looking to recruit high quality lawyers to handle the full range of commercial insurance work on behalf of many of the key players in the market, both UK-based and international. The team itself is comprised of Commercial lawyers with a sound, core background in Commercial Contracts work who work closely with both the Corporate and Regulatory teams and are frontline in our Corporate Insurance practice. The work itself includes a broad variety of commercial contracts work in the Regulated Sector from major market wide outsourcing agreements through to highly specialised insurance distribution contracts, eg insurer / broker TOBAs, delegated underwriting, affinity schemes and consortium agreements.
A successful candidate will work as a member of a burgeoning team of commercial and regulatory lawyers with a broad range of ever-growing expertise in non-contentious advisory work for London market insurers and composites. Their role will be to build on the strength we have already developed and to help the partners to grow the practice from an already excellent base and optimise our client and contact base which numbers some of the key players in the sector at both the personal and institutional levels. The ideal candidate will have experience of commercial contracts work for insurance clients with a good handle on critical regulatory issues in this sector.
We offer a high degree of client contact – our lawyers at all levels are client facing and will regularly work with senior claims staff, underwriters, compliance officers, distribution and procurement teams and of course in-house counsel. The role is likely to offer frequent client secondment opportunities at both junior and senior levels. The role is pivotal to the work we do in Corporate Insurance with constant collaboration with the core Corporate team as well as Regulatory, Finance, Insurance Litigation, Insolvency & Restructuring and Real Estate. The team work hard for the clients and support each other and pride themselves on their specialist knowledge, but have a great deal of fun along the way.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3+ years’ pqe
- Experience of working in private practice as a legal advisor to London market insurance entities whether Lloyd's or Company and Composite insurers (ideally experience of both whether by secondment or otherwise)
- Good understanding of markets and core regulatory structures
- Strong commercial ability in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements relating to the sector including all aspects of distribution and other forms of outsourcing. The ideal candidate will have a detailed knowledge of the FSA and Lloyd's regulatory framework as it affects our markets
- The ideal candidate will preferably have completed the Lloyd's and London Market Introductory Test (LLMIT). However, we will invest in any new recruit who has not got this qualification by enrolling them on the programme
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines
- Excellent academics
- Confident and robust
- Strong personality who likes to work in a team
The commercial team is an integral part of RPC's Corporate Insurance group, which is at the very heart of the firm's development and growth strategy. The team is based at the firm’s offices at Tower Bridge House.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Newly Qualified jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Insurance/Reinsurance Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Newly Qualified jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Newly Qualified jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Commercial Litigation Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Newly Qualified jobs in Bristol (City Centre)