Legal Secretary / Legal Support Assistant - Private Client
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000 - dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a leading regional law firm providing a balanced portfolio of commercial, agricultural and private client services from regional centres by specialist lawyers. They have offices across the West Midlands including offices in Kidderminster, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Telford, Ludlow, and satellite offices in Quinton, Cleobury Mortimer, and Craven Arms. The firm is one of the oldest established solicitors in the country, tracing it roots as far back as 1556.
The firm is a member of LawNet and carries the LawNet Mark of Excellence demonstrating that we have achieved and maintained the LawNet ISO9001 quality assurance standard.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your fee earner
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
- To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
- Attending clients and others when appropriate on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner. Taking accurate instructions for your fee earner's attention.
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner including typing and word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
- To prepare and serve refreshments to clients and fee earners as required, and to clear and wash up crockery afterwards.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
- To undertake any duties which may from time to time be allocated.
- To assist with the implementation of good working practices in line with firm procedures.
- To use initiative on all matters.
- To carry out and produce work to the highest possible standards.
- To adhere to and implement the firm's guidelines and policies as defined in the office manual.
- To use correctly the firms' office equipment including franking machine, photocopying machine, post systems, word processors and computers and to report any faults.
- To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training course as and when required.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and to assist other secretaries when required.
- To comply with all office Health and Safety standards.
- Competent touch typist.
- Competent audio typist.
- Computer literate in Windows packages, including Word and Excel (SOS - desirable).
- Excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with clients
- Well-developed organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Legal PA, Legal Secretary, Legal Client Secretary, Legal Administrator, Personal Assistant, Legal Office Support, Compliance Executive, Corporate Legal Secretary, Compliance Secretary, Legal Business Support, Legal Support Assistant, Fee Earner Support, Compliance Assistant may also be considered for this position.