Corporate Associate / Senior Associate
Great quality in specialist areas..., which is hard to find outside London" – Chambers UK, 2015
We are looking for an Associate or Senior Associate to join our highly regarded top tier Corporate team in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and expanding team with the prospect of a varied and complex workload. You will have the opportunity to work on both national and international deals whilst also becoming involved in some of the South West region's most significant transactions.
The Bristol team provide the full spectrum of corporate services including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets, fund formation and financial services. We focus on acting for clients within the key sectors of digital business, financial services, real estate & infrastructure and energy & utilities. With clients such as large quoted companies, privately owned businesses, banks, financial institutions and private equity houses, in the last year the team have acted on over 60 deals with an aggregate value of over £2billion.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
"As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with" – Chambers UK, 2015
The team is led by Chambers rated Alisdair Livingstone, Partner, and also comprises of 6 further Partners, 2 Associate Directors, 2 Senior Associates, 7 Associates, 3 Trainee Solicitors and 1 Paralegal. The team also works closely with the Corporate teams in Osborne Clarke LLP's Thames Valley and London offices, meaning that the department is made up of 70 lawyers overall.
Advised Fevertree Drinks plc on their successful £154m AIM IPO.
Advised Rotork plc on the £125m acquisition of Bifold Group Limited.
Advised Penn Pharma on the £127m sale of Penn Pharma to Packaging Coordinators Inc.
Advised management on the $200m MBO of capital equipment provider SPTS by Bridgepoint.
Advised Student Castle on the sale of a £330m portfolio of student accommodation.
Advised InfraRed capital Partners on its investment in the Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay renewable energy project.
Advised Tribal Group plc on its £41m rights issue and disposal of Synergy business
Technical skills and experience
You will have knowledge and experience of the full spectrum of Corporate law (ideally with significant corporate finance/capital markets experience) which will have been gained at a well-respected City or National firm. Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking to recruit an Associate or Senior Associate.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Anna Richardson or Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072.
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.
- See more at: http://fsr.cvmailuk.com/osborneclarke/main.cfm?page=jobSpecific&jobId=30763&rcd=872546&queryString=isprocess%3DNo#sthash.qYHNCm9p.dpuf
More jobs like this
- Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Corporate/M&A jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Private Equity jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Capital Markets jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Financial Services jobs in Bristol (City Centre)