Compliance Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join our Bristol office on an initial 12 month FTC.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning two prestigious 'Law Firm of the Year' awards in 2015, as well as topping the Roll on Friday 'Firm of the Year' poll for Openness and Management Culture.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Legal & Compliance Director, the main purpose of the role is to ensure the firm is compliant with any regulatory requirements. This will be done through, amongst other things, analysing and reporting on a variety of data and implementing changes and improvements across the compliance framework.
You will assist with Risk & Regulatory projects as required and help increase awareness of areas such as Quality Standards and Internal Best Practice, as well as responding to office requests and working to SLA's.
You will also be the key point of contact for any other duties that may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the compliance processes.
What we're looking for
You will have sound knowledge and experience working within a compliance department in a regulated sector and a keen interest in compliance and regulatory work. You will also have an excellent level of attention to detail and appreciation of the importance of accuracy.
- Ability to challenge and to be innovative. Demonstration of a proven track record of working to deadlines will be required, together with strong organisational skills and the ability to use your own initiative and common sense approach.
- Proactive, motivated self-starter is required. You will possess effective communication and presentation skills using a variety of styles to suit the situation, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- You will understand the expectations of all stakeholder groups and individuals; manage towards their expectations and frequently communicate across the relevant teams.
- Advanced experience in using Excel and PowerPoint to complete and present data analysis. Ability to manipulate data.
- Ability to act on own initiative and take ownership of projects or issues, plus ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with conflicting deadlines.
- Fluid approach to work with a proven ability to operate within a constantly evolving and challenging environment.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.