Account Payable Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Payable Assistant to join our Finance team. This is a full-time, permanent role to be based in our Bristol office.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning two prestigious 'Law Firm of the Year' awards in 2015, as well as topping the Roll on Friday 'Firm of the Year' poll for Openness and Management Culture.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Legal Cashier Manager, the main purpose of the role is to ensure all external costs are accurately and promptly accounted for to matters or the firm's accounts, and that suppliers and staff expenses are paid in accordance with agreed terms and timetables.
You will, amongst other responsibilities, process invoices, disbursements and expenses, both through manual input and costs uploading. You will also prepare monthly supplier statement reconciliation’s for the agreed list of suppliers.
The role will also require you to maintain the integrity of the AP and nominal ledgers, posting journals and making adjustments where necessary to ensure full compliance with internal controls and other regulations (SRA & Accounting standards).
What we're looking for
You will have a proven background in an Account Payable position or a role of a similar nature. This experience will have ideally been gained in a legal firm; however a background in professional services would also be an option.
- Understanding and experience of working with foreign currencies
- Knowledge of working with Elite would be preferable
- Strong IT skills – fast and accurate input of information
- High levels of numeric accuracy and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to identify and act on issues which need to be escalated
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and ensure that issues are addressed promptly, professionally, openly and constructively
- Good technical knowledge i.e. spreadsheets, accounts systems
- Self-motivated and proactive
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.