HR Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Officer to join our HR team. This is a full-time role that will be based in our Bristol office, on an initial 12 month FTC.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning two prestigious 'Law Firm of the Year' awards in 2015, as well as topping the Roll on Friday 'Firm of the Year' poll for Openness and Management Culture.
What you'll do
Reporting to the HRBPs (Business Services, PREF & Advisory), you will be responsible for providing high quality generalist HR advice and support across the firm, with specific focus on the Business Services, PREF and Advisory populations.
You will also, amongst other responsibilities, act as first point of contact for any policy and benefits queries, providing advice and reporting issues where necessary. As well as this, you will arrange, manage and lead meetings in relation to Performance and Attendance management, and Disciplinary/Grievance.
The successful applicant will also assist with the HRBPs in the Fee-earner promotion process, as well as providing support across cyclical events and projects.
What we're looking for
You will be an experienced HR professional with a background in legal or professional services environments. You will also be a confident communicator, and have the ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels.
- Experience with HR systems – ideally SelectHR/Pay.
- A thorough understanding of employment law and policies and ability to use and advise on these in a commercial and pragmatic way.
- In depth knowledge of HR process and procedures – i.e. Visa application process, disciplinary/grievance etc.
- Professional, flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Ability to gather, interpret and manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy and demanding environment.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.