BPP is one of Europe’s leading providers of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees, professional qualification courses, professional development courses and published materials for education. We are currently looking for a great team member to join the legal team, advising BPP’s UK and overseas businesses in all legal and risk related activities. You would be part of a highly supportive and collaborative team and have an immensely varied and interesting role.
BPP is continually exploring exciting new opportunities and markets and seeking at all turns to “challenge the educational status quo”. No two days are the same in the legal team, and we advise on all legal matters relating to BPP’s business (both in the UK and internationally) including: commercial contracts, M&A, corporate structuring and governance, student/consumer matters, property, employment, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, data protection, advertising and beyond. The team is involved in strategic projects and deals from their inception and throughout their life cycle.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Have qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- Significant PQE, although candidates with less PQE will also be considered if they are able to demonstrate ideal experience.
- Have solid city training and currently be in a Corporate or Commercial role in a leading private practice law firm or in a busy in-house team.
- Be prepared to hit the ground running in a business that is continually evolving.
- Have demonstrable experience in advising on commercial contracts, tenders, consumer law and data protection law.
- Possess exceptional drafting, negotiation, problem-solving, team, communication and client management skills for their PQE, which will be further developed at BPP.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex legal concepts into a clear and understandable format both orally and in writing to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be motivated, confident and possess potential leadership qualities.
- Assist in the supervision and teaching of Trainee Solicitors, and be actively involved in their personal development.
- Manage their own workload and clients. Be comfortable being one of the faces of BPP in meeting its corporate clients and leading on contracts with those corporate clients including some of the largest companies and accounting and law firms in the world.
- Be interested in the Education sector, and the regulation governing Higher Education in particular. While experience in Education would be beneficial, it is not essential.