Warner Bros - IP/Marketing/Litigation - 5-7 PQE
Warner Bros. Entertainment, a Time Warner Company, is a global leader in the creation, distribution, licensing and marketing of theatrical motion pictures, TV programming, animation, video/DVD and related products.
Warner Bros. is looking to recruit a lawyer to work in the Intellectual Property and Litigation team in the Corporate Legal & Business Affairs Department, EMEA region, based in our Central London office on a 12 month fixed-term contract (maternity cover).
This broad and exciting role will include:
- Contentious and non-contentious IP matters including, copyright and trademark, which involves preparing and dealing with inter-party correspondence (including, C&D correspondence and pleadings);
- Advising on and handling various Theatrical media promotions and other publicity/marketing activations; which involve preparing terms and conditions for promotions and vetting promotional mechanics, activations involving social influencers, preparing waivers, and assistance with health and safety, security and insurance issues;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts (including licence agreements, location agreements, supplier agreements and loan agreements) for publicity events and marketing activities in Europe such as premieres, press junkets, and prop and costume tours and promotional TV specials; and
- Various matters relating to our key brands, including implementing policies and handling requests relating to the use and control of our assets; particularly, in respect of fan activity, themed events and other consumer solicitations.
Candidates should have 5-7 years' PQE*, have qualified in a well-respected law firm or in-house department, and have experience of practising in the UK and ideally of working in-house in a media environment.
The role would suit someone with prior experience of intellectual property, brand protection, marketing and a working knowledge of litigation. Due to the cross-jurisdictional nature of the role, candidates who have worked or advised across different European markets and who speak at least one European language other than English would be extremely desirable. The position offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading international media organisation, working as a truly integrated part of the business
*Candidates outside of the stated PQE range with prior experience of most (or preferably all) of the following: IP, brand protection, marketing and/or litigation, are also encouraged to apply.
More jobs like this
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Company/Commercial jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Intellectual Property jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Leisure, Sport, Tourism jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Litigation/Dispute Resolution jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Media jobs in London (Greater)