LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER- NON SCRIPTED (MATERNITY COVER
LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER- NON SCRIPTED (MATERNITY COVER 9-12 MONTHS)
5+ YEARS PQE
One of the largest and most successful UK production companies is looking to hire a Legal & Business Affairs manager to cover a maternity leave for circa 9-12 months. Our client has a long standing reputation for making high quality, innovative and popular television and has remained at the top of the industry for the past decade.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer. You will be part of a small team of lawyers delivering high quality legal and business affairs advice to production teams and management which must be timely and accurate. You will also advise the business on more general legal issues as and when required.
* drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including development, talent and format agreements.
* drafting and advising on agreements for the production of programming.
* advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues, compliance and libel matters including advising on compliance with the OFCOM Broadcasting Code.
* conducting production meetings to advise teams on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant during production.
* managing disputes, claims and complaints from broadcasters, viewers or other parties.
* negotiating and advising on production financing agreements.
* advising on copyright and trademark matters
This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile, hardworking and technically excellent production lawyer with experience gained at a leading entertainment law firm, broadcaster or production company.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of copyright law and proven commercial negotiation and drafting experience. You will have the ability to manage a demanding workload and the expectations of multiple internal clients. A team player attitude is a prerequisite for the role, as is being comfortable working independently.