GENERAL COUNSEL - MEDIA/TMT- NOT FOR PROFIT!
Our client is a much loved UK charity, based in the heart of London.
An exciting interim/ temp to perm opportunity has arisen for an experience commercial/IP/media lawyer to provide legal advice and support to the trustees, directors and staff on all matters relating to the charity and its trading subsidiaries. The initial interim role will be for 6 months.
As General Counsel, you will be pivotal in ensuring that the charity operates systems and processes which ensure effective governance and compliance with key statutory and regulatory requirements and with its own risk management strategy.
You must have exposure to commercial, IP and media matters, as well as some experience ideally of advising on charity or fundraising law.
Highlights of your remit will include:
- Advising on legal risks arising from the charity's operations so as to protect the charity's reputation and assets, in particular in relation to contract, intellectual property, data protection, marketing and advertising, charity/fundraising and corporate laws.
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts, including sponsorship and fundraising, IT and digital media, consultancy services, and confidentiality agreements.
- Advising on the charity's funding and grant-making arrangements, including specific grants, issues arising in ongoing grant management and fraud prevention.
- Advising on the charity's media matters, including negotiating agreements to create and exploit content across television and digital media.
- Responsibility for legal protection of the charity's name, brands and other intellectual property assets, including managing its trade mark portfolio and trade mark attorneys.
- Advising on the charity's international activities, including new and ongoing relationships with licensees.
- Advising on safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, data protection, health and safety and other applicable regulatory matters, policy and compliance.
- Ensuring trustees and staff are kept up date with legal developments affecting the charity's operations
- Managing a small legal team
- Managing external legal relationships regarding property and employment matters, and supporting the HR team on employment issues generally.
- Managing any legal disputes and regulatory matters and providing support on complaints and other reputational matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and talented lawyer to develop his/her career and play a central role with the business.