Group Legal & Company Secretarial Assistant
Laura Ashley is a quintessentially English lifestyle brand founded on a rich design heritage and on the traditional values of quality and originality. We use prints and designs that evoke the alluring beauty of the English countryside, for the way you live today.
Group Legal Assistant
To take responsibility of all day-to-day legal support functions, report to Head of Legal and assisting the legal team in the following matters:-
- General corporate commercial contract work - covering a wide range of areas and in particular drafting, negotiating and review of Licence Agreements, Franchise Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Service Agreements, Supply Agreements, Loan Agreements, NDAs, Leases, e-commerce Agreements, IT Agreements, logistics Agreements, terms and conditions, novation's and extensions, heads of terms, engagement letters, letters of intent, general commercial contracts;
- corporate projects in areas such as corporate development, inter-company contracts, business acquisition etc;
- providing legal advice on specific areas of law, including corporate, commercial, consumer, IP, e-commerce and data protection, to ensure compliance and avoid adverse legal consequences;
- managing dispute resolution including commercial disputes, IP disputes, ASA complaints, customer complaints, small claims and other operational legal issues, dealing with complaints and investigations from Regulators including FAC, ICO and Trading Standards.
Be flexible and, if required, carry out other areas of work which are not listed in this job description, given the unpredictability of the volume of legal issues and variety of legal issues which need to be dealt with by the legal team.
Company Secretarial Assistant
To take responsibility for all day-to-day company secretarial support functions, report to and work closely with the Company Secretary to deal with the following matters:-
- organise and facilitate the PLC company and subsidiary companies’ formal processes, board and committee meetings, produce minutes of the board and committee meetings;
- prepare and release routine RNS announcements; monitor and ensure compliance with FCA rules e.g. Corporate Governance Code, Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules;
- organise the general meeting, draft shareholder documentation, liaison with Registrars in respect of proxy voting and AGM filings;
- update and maintain the PLC company and subsidiary companies’ statutory records and making all Companies House filings and returns, maintain the filing calendar for all companies;
- coordinate with finance department for the preparation, publication and distribution of the company’s and the subsidiaries’ annual and interim reports and accounts including drafting and reviewing the non-financial aspects; liaison with printer, auditor and all other advisers;
- act as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders, reporting in a timely and accurate manner on company procedures and developments;
- manage the day to day work of the Company Secretarial department including liaison with the Registrar of Companies, broker, external lawyers and all other advisers, dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Deal with the Company’s Pension Trustees including preparation of meetings, act as a point of communication between the Trustees and members and liaison with external advisers.
- • 1 - 2 years’ experience in a legal and company secretarial role.
- • Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks within a time-scale.
- • Must be flexible and self-motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals.
- • The ability to produce work to the high standards required to high level of accuracy.
- • Competent in Microsoft Office packages (especially Word and Excel).
- • Ability to communicate confidently on the telephone, in person and in written form in a clear, concise and friendly manner.
- • Professional attitude with the ability to communicate and advise all levels of the business including working with the executive management team and company directors.
- • Excellent attention to detail and a concern for quality are essential.
- • Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- • Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your c.v. and a covering letter and click on the apply button.
We regret that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please note that applications from recruitment agencies will NOT be accepted.
Apply for Group Legal & Company Secretarial Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly