Senior Counsel – In-House (UK qualified), Brussels
Having undergone huge expansion recently, this global life sciences company will, by the end of 2016, have tripled in size in five years, making it one of the largest organisations in its field. Founded in the mid-1980s, the company has always been fiercely successful, it has seen a 30% increase in sales each year since the mid-1990s. Its plan for the next 4 years is to keep up its momentum of growth to date and is now expanding its Group Legal function.
The group’s head office in Belgium is seeking to hire a senior UK qualified competition or corporate lawyer to boost this new team, taking on the role of Senior Counsel. Reporting to and working closely with the General Counsel, and, working with the Executive Committee and other senior figures across the group, you will be involved in global projects, including: compliance, governance, investigations, data protection, free trade, commercial contracts, company secretarial, discrete advice to management, the Board and various committees, crisis management, reorganisations, acquisitions, financing and other day to day management of the group’s holdings. The role will see significant progression as the legal function grows along with the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- trained and qualified in a top tier UK/US law firm and be qualified in England & Wales;
- excellent corporate/competition experience in private practice;
- 5-6 years’ PQE at a magic circle firm;
The role will offer you:
- the opportunity to work with a small, nascent legal team advising an expanding global leader in the life sciences industry;
- the opportunity to expand your skillset significantly;
- variety and responsibility usually out of scope for someone at this level;
- significant involvement on matters that will form the company’s future;
- increased responsibility as the company continues to grow;
- international oversight;
Please note: our client is seeking only UK trained and qualified lawyers for this position. Unfortunately if you are not UK qualified you will not be considered for this role.
To express your interest please apply accordingly or contact ben.daniels@edwardsgibson for more information.
Due to the amount of applications for this position, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of your application unfortunately you have not been successful.
More jobs like this
- PQE 3 - 6 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Competition/EU jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 3 - 6 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Corporate/M&A jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 3 - 6 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Corporate Finance jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 3 - 6 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Capital Markets jobs in London (Central)