HEAD OF PATENT LITIGATION – leading US firm
This is a leading elite US law firm with a significant presence in London. The firm is full service, with UK lawyers mirroring the practice in the US. There is an existing IP litigation team and IP non-contentious team in the London office. The firm had a great 2015, with record profits which look like they will be at the very least sustained in 2016 if not surpassed. The firm is steadily becoming a recognised member of the US elite on the AM LAW 100. There is a great client base, which is diversifying but has had bedrock with technology and life sciences clients which are very long term clients of the firm. The firm represents some of the most well-known corporates in the world.
The firm has a large global IP practice (over 70 partners) and on the contentious side there are leading partners in trademarks and patent litigation. The partners are looking to hire an IP Litigation partner in London to lead the Patent litigation practice. There is a strategic desire to grow the practice. The team has been very successful and the success has been primarily on the trademark side, which has been a huge success with the team billing many millions. The brand has allowed this practice to thrive with introductions to huge US corporates. The patent practice is yet to be truly developed and the firm would like London to emulate the success of the US practice. There are very well known life sciences clients at the firm but a pharmaceutical patent practice will encounter too many conflicts with the transactional side of the practice. The type of practice which will flourish and benefit from firm wide referrals will be a patents practice with either or a combination of; technology, electronics, medical devices, telecoms, digital or social media. You could also have a combination of patent litigation and trademark litigation, both would complement the existing London team (without stepping on anyone’s toes).
Why would you join the firm?
- The IP practice has won numerous awards and has consistently worked on some of the most high profile IP litigation. The brand will significantly assist the growth of an IP practice.
- The firm has an ethos of comradery and part of the partnership remuneration process is how partners have helped others (and not just themselves).
- There is a very successful but small team in London, which is very well placed for growth.
- The London office has grown significantly (and sustainably), making some very high profile hires.
- The culture of the firm is genuine, allowing practices to grow in a supportive and team orientated environment on a global basis.
- The partners are building an international firm not just international offices.
Please contact Sloane Poulton, Director at Edwards Gibson for confidential discussion about this role either on 020 7153 4903, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sloane has undertaken a considerable amount of work in the intellectual property practice area in London both on a retained search and representation basis.
Edwards Gibson acts as an employment agency for permanent roles.
Apply for HEAD OF PATENT LITIGATION – leading US firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Senior Level Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Company/Commercial jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Level Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Intellectual Property jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Level Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Data Protection jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Level Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Patent jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Level Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Trademarks jobs in London (Central)