LEGAL BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
NON SCRIPTED LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXEC FOR LEADING TV CLIENT
2 YEARS LEG & BUS AFFAIRS EXPERIENCE
Our client, one of the UK's leading production companies at the cutting edge of modern factual television is looking to hire a Legal & Business Affairs Exec. They pride themselves on telling compelling stories and working with all the major UK and US broadcasters in over 150 countries.
We are looking for someone to join a thriving Legal and Business affairs team. Candidates should have at least 2 years of experience working in Legal & Business affairs, you do not have to be a qualified lawyer to be considered. Experience of non-scripted television business affairs work is required.
- drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including format agreements
- commercial negotiations with broadcasters, distributors, key talent, third party rights holders and others
- to liaise with production to arrange greenlight meetings at the start of each development / production to discuss key legal / compliance / business risks and following that meeting to draft / negotiate key contracts and production documentation including key contributor contracts, access agreements, production protocol, duty of care, bespoke release forms etc
- negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
- negotiation and drafting of international co-productions with broadcasters, production partners and suppliers to ensure protection for the Producer including accessing tax credits or other incentive schemes and bank finance
- negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
- assisting in the preparation of Guidance Notes to productions in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
- advising on copyright and trademark matters
You must have a proven ability in commercial drafting, excellent attention to detail and a team player attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile, hard-working and technically excellent individual to join a genuine leader in television production.