NON SCRIPTED LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS LAWYER, TV CLIENT
NON SCRIPTED LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS LAWYER FOR LEADING TV CLIENT
1-4 YEARS PQE
Our client, one of the UK's leading production companies at the cutting edge of modern factual television is looking to hire a Legal & Business Affairs Exec. They pride themselves on telling compelling stories and working with all the major UK and US broadcasters in over 150 countries.
We are looking for a lawyer to join a thriving Legal and Business affairs team. Candidates should have around 1-4 years post qualification experience gained at a leading entertainment law firm or TV production company. Experience of non-scripted television business affairs work is required.
- drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including format agreements
- commercial negotiations with broadcasters, distributors, key talent, third party rights holders and others
- to liaise with production to arrange greenlight meetings at the start of each development / production to discuss key legal / compliance / business risks and following that meeting to draft / negotiate key contracts and production documentation including key contributor contracts, access agreements, production protocol, duty of care, bespoke release forms etc
- negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
- negotiation and drafting of international co-productions with broadcasters, production partners and suppliers to ensure protection for the Producer including accessing tax credits or other incentive schemes and bank finance
- negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
- assisting in the preparation of Guidance Notes to productions in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
- advising on copyright and trademark matters
You must have a proven ability in commercial drafting, excellent attention to detail and a team player attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile, hard-working and technically excellent lawyer to join a genuine leader in television production.