Intellectual Property Solicitor - Midlands - (Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Wolverhampton & Walsall) - 2 years+ PQE - As part of the continued development of this commercial department, our client wishes to appoint an experienced and driven Trademark Attorney or Intellectual Property Solicitor to build upon an existing flow of good quality commercial work.
This unique opportunity for a Trademark Attorney ensures that you will benefit from the strong reputation that our client holds in the area. They currently have a vacancy for a motivated and professional Trademal Attorney with experience within public sector work including procurement along with more general Commercial matters. Continued success means this firm is always on the look out for enthusiastic and motivated people to join their respected and knowledgeable legal teams and are looking for a driven Trademark Attorney. The successful Trademark Attorney will have a minimum of 2 years' PQE gained with another leading or regional firm and will be looking to further their career within this area of law. The Trademark Attorney will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be both confident and motivated and have a passion for their work. A leading Top 100 law firm with an outstanding reputation. Offering unlimited prospects, this high profile and influential role will provide the successful Trademark Attorney with a secure environment in which to develop a stimulating and challenging long-term career for a dynamic and confident Trademark Attorney.
Duties will include:
- Researching new trademarks & Carrying our national and international trade mark searches
- Advising on trade mark availability for use or registration and desit and copyright issues
- Overseeing all procedural details of trade mark registration
- Managing, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, include trade marks, patents, copyrights, designs and the "get up" of a product (look or image)
- Negotiating in trade mark design, and domain name disputes
- Taking action on trade mark infringement and passing off
- Drawing up appropriate contractual papers, settlement agreements, co-existence agreements, assignments, licences, etc
- Providing back-up to the solicitors and barristers conducting a case if it comes to litigation