LEGAL COUNSEL, GLOBAL COMMERCIAL BROADCASTER 2-5 PQE, LONDON
LEGAL COUNSEL, GLOBAL COMMERCIAL BROADCASTER
A globally recognized commercial broadcaster is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join a dynamic team and advise on a wide range of issues including production, distribution, live events, sponsorship and ad sales.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will work on a wide range of commercial agreements including commissioning agreements, programme acquisition agreements, carriage agreements, commercial partnership agreements, services agreements, tech agreements and T&Cs for consumer competitions, so you will be a good negotiator with top notch drafting skills.
You will also work on intellectual property rights issues including music rights issues and managing trade mark and IP infringement matters, as well as providing general legal advice on data protection and privacy issues, so a sound knowledge of these areas of the law is important.
Having excellent communication skills is a must in this role as you will be working closely with a wide range of partners and all areas of the business. You will also have the ability to explain complex agreements and legal concepts to a non-legal audience.
You will have a passion for TV and media and be flexible, proactive and a team player with a pragmatic approach.
Required skills and experience:
- Clear understanding of IP rights, media platforms and technology relevant to commercial television production and distribution business.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulations relevant to UK and International commercial broadcast business (e.g., Ofcom, CAP/BCAP, Data Protection Act, CDPA, EC Directives)
- Familiarity with music IP rights, legal and contract issues relevant to staging and filming live music events.
- Strong negotiating and drafting skills in relation to agreements in respect of the above.
- Internal client relationship management for certain business divisions (e.g. HR, facilities, UK music programming).
- Comfort and familiarity with services agreements standard in television broadcast business (e.g. broadcast and non-broadcast technology).
This in an excellent opportunity for a pragmatic lawyer with circa 2-6 years post qualification experience to join a fantastic team with a friendly culture. You must be able to work effectively as part of a team and have an excellent ability to cope calmly and efficiently under pressure.