Solicitor - Private Client (Agriculture & Property)
Errington Legal are legal specialists, for expert guidance on your career move talk to us.
"Without Errington Legal's knowledge of the legal market and strong relationships with local firms, I would not have been able to secure the role that I did". Solicitor, Cambridge
Private Client Lawyer (Agriculture & Property) - Spalding
Our client has a fantastic reputation across Lincolnshire with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. They act for clients across the country and are among the UK's top 200 law firms with ambitious plans for continued growth. As part of this growth they are now looking to make a strategic appointment to a senior role in the Private Client team. The successful candidate will join private client and agricultural law specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field. He or she will have a natural ability to manage and promote business development with energy and focus and will be prepared to travel to service agricultural clients across the whole country.
Area of Law: Private Client
PQE: 5 pqe to Partner level
Salary: Up to £90,000 p.a.
The successful candidate will be required to:
Develop new business from internal cross-referrals, existing clients and other professionals;
Develop the firm's and his or her own profile as a market leader advising owners of farm businesses and landed estates;
Meet agreed KPIs and exhibit a commercial approach to financial management;
Manage their own caseload and ensure full compliance.
Skills & Attributes:
* An understanding of agricultural markets and an appreciation of the specific needs of this client group
* A natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives
* Experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and relevant professionals
* A positive approach to team working and ability to develop relationships with colleagues
* A demonstrable understanding the UK tax system in particular Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, SDLT plus tax and succession planning using wills and trusts
* An appreciation of areas of property law and co-ownership issues
* An ability to understand general concepts of business governance and its relevance to long term tax and succession planning
* Sound experience of agricultural tax and business structures is preferable but not an absolute requirement as this knowledge can be gained from the department, but a strong desire to learn and widen knowledge within this area will be essential
* Sound problem solving skills
* Ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
* Ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experienced partners from other offices on more complex and specialised matters as required
* Ambition and flexibility
* A desire to bring a new angle to the team for example International tax planning, offshore and multi-jurisdictional experience, Court of Protection practice, contentious probate and trusts, trust administration, agricultural law, tenancy succession
The Errington Legal commitment to candidates:
* As a result of our extensive contacts and relationships we can offer candidates access to the finest legal firms in the area
* With our salary and market knowledge, we are in a good position to offer realistic advice on salary levels and also make sure that candidates receive a competitive deal.
* We offer thorough feedback and support during and after the interview process.
* We provide a fully confidential and honest relationship. No information on any individual is ever passed on to third parties without prior consent.
For a confidential discussion please contact Hollie Preston at Errington Legal Recruitment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE OFFER CANDIDATES A REFERRAL FEE FOR RECOMMENDING US TO ANY COLLEAGUES/ FRIENDS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY -PLEASE SPEAK TO US FOR FURTHER DETAILS (conditions apply).
Apply for Solicitor - Private Client (Agriculture & Property)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly