Legal Adviser FS (Interim)
As a Legal Adviser in the Investment Solutions Division in our Commercial & Legal team:
- You will support commercial contracts for varied sales opportunities.
- You will provide general legal support to the business as required.
- You will work within FCA regulated services environment, and will demonstrate in-depth competence in related legal issues, such as CASS, MIFID II, trust law etc.
- Corporate Finance experience is a bonus but not a requirement, as this is a commercial role.
We are looking for a solicitor with 4+ years PQE or an ILEX member with demonstrable experience in the commercial contracts area, with a strong Financial Services focus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review contractual terms and schedules, identify areas of risks and contractual mitigations, at all times pursuing Equiniti’s commercial objectives;
- Produce contract drafts and markup of client terms and ensure these are legally correct, clear and concise;
- Review contract schedules and ensure consistency with terms and conditions;
- Negotiate contract terms with clients; lead on the resolution of key contract issues;
- Assist with legal correspondence and manage claims.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Legal qualification is essential, with 4+ year PQE or equivalent.
- Experience with commercial contracts within Financial Services environment.
- Demonstrable competence in legal issues within Financial Services environment.
- Preferred: experience in employee share plans, executive share plans, share registration, receiving agents agreement, IPOs, trusts, investments, business process outsourcing etc.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Self-starter, capable of working on your own initiative and personally effective.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button to be re-directed