Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier
Job Title: Finance Assistant / Legal Cashier
Location: Manchester, M22
Salary: £16,000 - £20,000 depending on experience
The firm is a highly regarded firm of claimant personal injury lawyers. The firm is looking for a talented and dynamic Finance Assistant / Legal Cashier to join their Finance Department. Working closely with the Finance Manager and other senior Legal Cashiers, you will be an important team member. The ideal candidate will be someone who has demonstrable experience of working in a busy, high volume Accounts Department and will understand the mechanics of purchase ledgers and bank reconciliations. Additionally applicants must be confident with IT and have sound Excel skills. The candidates must be able to work self-sufficiently on an independent basis although you will be based within a small and friendly team.
You will be acting as a key processor of accounting transactions for the firm. You will be working on your own initiative as well as acting as part of a wider team: Posting legal accounts transactions, purchase invoices, making payments, performing accounting balance checks and reconciliations, ensuring filing is kept up to date on a daily basis, distributing reports as required and any other ad-hoc duties.
- The posting of legal bills and bank receipts and liaison with the company's debtors
- The administration of the purchase ledger - posting purchase ledger invoices, payments and the preparation of supplier account reconciliations
- Taking cheques to the bank to pay in on a daily basis
- The processing of online bank transfers
- Preparation of BACS and cheque payments
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Ad hoc financial and management reporting as required
- Assisting with preparation for annual accounts
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
- Related qualification (e.g. AAT) or degree an advantage
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts Professional or similar accounting package
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of working in a high volume environment
- Sound experience in purchase ledger
- Sound experience in cashbook
- Proficiency in doing bank reconciliations, both manual and automated
- Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels and to liaise with all parties, both internal and external
- Strong sense of responsibility
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing and able attitude
- Experience of working in a Solicitors' practice
- Knowledge of legal case management systems
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Understanding of the principles of VAT
- Full clean driving licence
- 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday (or variation thereof)
- 20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, rising by one day each year to a maximum of 23 days. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year, and you do not need to use your holiday entitlement for this period.
- Private medical healthcare after 2 years of employment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping will also be considered for the role.
Apply for Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly