INTERIM SCRIPTED PRODUCTION LAWYER, LEADING TV CLIENT
INTERIM SCRIPTED BUSINESS AFFAIRS AND PRODUCTION LAWYER, TV CLIENT
2-5 YEAR PQE
Our client, one of the UK's leading production companies has been supplying innovative, hugely popular and award winning television around the world. Productions range from global format hits to edgy specialist factual shows as well as big, household name entertainment shows. The company hasn't restricted itself to television, producing a number of cinema documentaries; it is also one of the UK's leading 3D content producers.
We are looking for a lawyer to join a thriving Legal and Business affairs team for 3-6 months. Candidates will ideally have around 2-5 years post qualification experience gained at a leading entertainment law firm or TV production company.
- drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including format agreements
- drafting and advising on agreements for the production of programming, including contributor agreements, presenter agreements, access agreements and location agreements and drafting and advising on co-production agreements
- advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues, and compliance and libel matters, including advising on compliance with the OFCOM Broadcasting Code and broadcaster policies
- negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
- advising on broadcaster's terms of trade and availability of rights
- negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
- assisting in the preparation of Guidance Notes to productions in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
- advising on copyright and trademark matters
You must have a proven ability in commercial drafting, excellent attention to detail and a team player attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile, hard-working and technically excellent lawyer to join a genuine leader in television production.