IP /Data Protection - Legal Counsel
Errington Legal are legal specialists for Cambridge based in Cambridge, for expert guidance on your career move talk to us.
"Without Errington Legal's knowledge of the legal market and strong relationships with local firms, I would not have been able to secure the role that I did". Solicitor, Cambridge
We are looking for a driven and talented Commercial Solicitor who has some experience coupled with an interest in IP Protection/Data Protection for an exciting in-house role within a company based in Cambridge.
Position: IP /Data Protection - Legal Counsel
Area of Law: In-house
Hours: Full time
PQE: 3-7 PQE
IP /Data Protection/FOI
* To work in collaboration with other members of the Legal Team legal team in order to manage the trade mark portfolio and instruct trade mark attorneys in relation to trade mark protection/disputes;
* To assist internal clients requiring advice on trade mark protection/disputes and instruct trade mark attorneys (as required);
* To provide advice and draft documentation relating to data protection and FOI issues (and assist with drafting responses to data protection and FOI requests);
* To assist generally in ensuring that the group meets its responsibilities under data protection and FOI laws;
Other duties will include:
·To review, draft, amend and negotiate contracts from low to high value in a wide variety of areas in support of purchasing and other activities undertaken by the business.
·To work with members of the Legal team and the 'client' departments to understand and reflect business and commercial requirements into contracts and recognise key issues and priorities.
·To support sourcing activities and projects undertaken by the business in relation to contract work.
·To work as a member of project teams established for larger sourcing projects.
·To assist in the development and implementation of better contract management processes, including the development and maintenance of templates, tools and precedents for, and the provision of contract training to, the business functions.
·To work with other members of the Legal Team to ensure that the contract database is kept up to date and all new contracts are recorded in the database.
·To assist with contract queries raised by client departments and provide ad hoc advice as required.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be a motivated solicitor, 3-7 PQE, with good academics, and strong commercial experience gained either in in-house or in private practice, including experience of intellectual property law.
He/she will have strong technical skills, excellent commercial acumen, and will have experience of handling large contracts. The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritise and make sound judgements on contract issues and the level of acceptable risk. They will be keen to take responsibility for their workload and act autonomously (with appropriate supervision).
The ability to plan and prioritise workload is essential, as are good IT skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
The Errington Legal commitment to candidates:
·As a result of our extensive contacts and relationships we can offer candidates access to the finest legal firms in the area
·With our salary and market knowledge, we are in a good position to offer realistic advice on salary levels and also make sure that candidates receive a competitive deal.
·We offer thorough feedback and support during and after the interview process.
·We provide a fully confidential and honest relationship. No information on any individual is ever passed on to third parties without prior consent.
Errington Legal is a legal specialist recruiter covering Solicitor and Legal Secretarial vacancies in East Anglia. As specialists we are able to offer our candidates and clients a bespoke and proactive level of service during a recruitment campaign.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE OFFER CANDIDATES A REFERRAL FEE FOR RECOMMENDING US TO ANY COLLEAGUES/ FRIENDS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY -PLEASE SPEAK TO US FOR FURTHER DETAILS (conditions apply).
For a confidential discussion please contact Eleanor Sidgwick at Errington Legal Recruitment.
Apply for IP /Data Protection - Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Intellectual Property jobs in Cambridge
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Data Protection jobs in Cambridge
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Trademarks jobs in Cambridge
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Litigation/Dispute Resolution jobs in Cambridge
- PQE 6 - 10 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Commercial Litigation jobs in Cambridge