French Qualified Legal Counsel - International Work
Our client, a vibrant commercial eCommerce organisation operating in a rapidly changing environment in over 15 countries is looking for a Legal Counsel/Commercial Lawyer to join their expanding organisation. The ideal candidate will be a French qualified lawyer with commercial experience working in the UK market. The role is based in London.
The role has a strong international aspect, and includes working on matters across all countries with a flexible, common sense approach to minimising risk. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and bring great energy to the role. Someone who enjoys thinking on their two feet and adapting their approach to the needs of the business. In return, they will work in an extremely friendly, bright and engaging team who really enjoy what they do.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this role has a broad remit advising on commercial and corporate legal issues, including commercial contracts, IP, technology (IT) and data protection (DP) issues, as well as the opportunity to get involved with corporate and company secretarial matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the business teams in all countries on the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements with retailers and publishers;
- Advising on both contentious and non-contentious IP issues arising in the context of an e-commerce business;
- Assisting on matters of general corporate law, corporate structure and governance;
- Advising management and business on general commercial issues in a rapidly changing business environment.
This is a good opportunity for a candidate to push their career forward in a busy in-house legal department. You will in return be mentored, developed and provided with the opportunity to broaden your commercial legal skills.
Our client envisages that candidates with 3+ years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors PQE 10+ jobs in Hertfordshire
- Corporate/M&A Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors PQE 10+ jobs in Hertfordshire
- Intellectual Property Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors PQE 10+ jobs in Hertfordshire
- Data Protection Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors PQE 10+ jobs in Hertfordshire