£48,720 - £77,300 (Negotiable, depending on position and experience)
We’re looking for a number of lawyers to join our advisory teams within the CMA Legal Service. With markets changing fast, and the prospect of legal change related to Brexit, this is an exciting time to join us. Our work is varied, complex and highly rewarding. As a lawyer in the CMA Legal Service you will be encouraged to apply your legal skills across a number of our practice areas while also developing specialist expertise. You will work alongside like-minded professionals on cases which can directly benefit the lives of everyone in the UK.
Successful applicants will play a critical part in the delivery of high quality legal analysis from the outset of a project, shaping the legal framework, assessing evidence and ensuring that we produce legally robust decisions – as well as defending those decisions in court.
Our advisory lawyers are embedded in project teams working across the CMA’s entire portfolio as follows:
- Competition law enforcement (e.g. the recent paroxetine and the phenytoin cases).
- Consumer law enforcement (e.g. tackling misleading online reviews and endorsements, unfair terms for cloud storage and enforcing consumer law in the Higher Education sector).
- Merger control: (e.g. the recently concluded Eurotunnel case and the current ICE/Trayport litigation).
- Markets work: (e.g. current care homes and DCTs market studies and recent Energy and Banking market investigations).
- Regulatory work: ensuring fair conduct in the appeals and references to the CMA in regulated sectors – often concerning key price controls.
We welcome applications from lawyers with an interest in any of these practice areas and the desire to work across a number of tools over time. Additionally:
- We are looking for at least two of our successful applicants to have a particular interest in advising on consumer enforcement cases (alongside other work).
- There is a specific opportunity for one of our successful applicants to spend an initial period of around 18 months focused on advising project teams conducting phase 1 merger review work.
We will be holding the following open-house events and we invite anyone interested in applying for one of our vacancies to attend to find out more about the CMA’s Legal Service, its work and our staff:
To attend our recruitment open evening in London on Wednesday 26th April 2017 please click on this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cma-recruitment-open-evening-tickets-33614888035
To attend our recruitment open evening in London on Wednesday 3rd May 2017, please click on this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cma-recruitment-open-evening-tickets-33615100671
To attend our recruitment open evening in Edinburgh on Wednesday 3rd May 2017, please click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cma-recruitment-open-evening-tickets-33615178905
To find out more about these opportunities and to view a short video about life in the CMA Legal Service ,please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDs672rdzxg&feature=em-share_video_user
Closing date for applications: Sunday 14 May 2017
More jobs like this
- PQE 1 - 3 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Competition/EU jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 1 - 3 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Corporate/M&A jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 1 - 3 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Regulatory jobs in London (Central)
- PQE 1 - 3 years In House Lawyer / Solicitor Financial Services jobs in London (Central)