Purpose of role
Working within a small team, this role provides support to specific departments in the collection of aged debts to assist them in achieving their monthly cash collection targets. This involves regular liaison with partners and fee earners, and contact with clients as and when required, maintaining accurate records at all times.
Responsibilities Credit control
- Collection of aged debts – including producing, checking and approving all automatic letters issued.
- Liaising regularly with partners and fee earners regarding phone calls to their clients in respect of bills which remain outstanding, and making those calls as required.
- Attending regular meetings with partners to agree the appropriate strategy to collect aged and/or difficult debts, and ensuring all agreed action is taken.
- Dealing with clients via telephone and email while maximising the number of calls made against call targets for the month.
- Monitoring and completion of client to office transfers where appropriate.
- Ensuring all possible steps are taken to assist the relevant department in achieving their monthly cash collection targets.
- Maintaining relevant notes regarding debtors on in-house accounts system.
- Attend regular meetings alongside revenue controller with partners to review their ledgers and work closely alongside revenue controller to deal with any issues partners have with their ledgers.
- Dealing with queries from partners, fee earners and secretaries.
- Providing general assistance to the Revenue Manager with ad hoc projects, as required.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Previous experience of working in a credit control environment, and a good knowledge and understanding of credit control. Experience of working in a law firm (or similar) would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with clients, partners and fee earners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player.
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the Revenue Manager.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance.
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of ARCS and the Elite accounts system would be an advantage.
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours to meet clients' expectations.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.