Legal Consultants - finance and capital markets
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential.
The career you want without compromise
Maybe you want to do what you love but in a different way. Maybe you are keen to try a new path. Whatever your individual needs or ambitions, the one thing that every Peerpoint consultant wants, and gets, is reassurance. The certain knowledge that you can access high-level client work, supported by a global network of resources and expertise, with the opportunity to keep choosing what you do next.
We only take you on when we see a demand for your particular expertise, making sure there is a good chance we can provide you with consistent work on an on-going basis. We cannot guarantee work but we are every bit as invested in moving your career forward as you are.
We are currently experiencing strong demand in the areas of expertise set out below. If you are a highly-skilled and self-driven lawyer with top tier technical experience in these areas then we are keen to hear from you:
- banking and finance: general lending and leveraged finance
- international capital markets: derivatives, structured finance, debt and equity capital markets, securitisation and corporate trust and agency
- regulatory: financial services regulatory requirements and reform e.g. EMIR/MiFIDII
More variety. More control.
There really is no limit to the diversity of high-level work open to you. We work closely with you to understand your goals and ambitions, and what you want to achieve with each role.
Client assignments can range from stepping into a team to support a project to taking on a senior manager role working on major transactions or regulatory change projects or implementation. Assignments range between two to six months in duration and tend to require you work a minimum of four days a week. After each assignment, it is up to you how much time you take off between assignments.
You may also have the opportunity to work within Allen & Overy on an ad-hoc basis, supporting teams when needed or joining them for fixed periods to work on a deal.
- Training from a top tier law firm with strong technical knowledge and experience in your area of expertise
- Experience of working in an in-house legal team at leading financial services institutions/corporates preferred (directly or as a secondee)
- Excellent academic credentials
- Self-starter with a commitment to building a career as a consultant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally
- Client service-focused, with exemplary client service ethic and commitment
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Adept at leading or working within complex multi-functional, multi-national project environments
- Advanced organisational skills and diplomacy
- Resilient, adaptable, autonomous and highly credible
- Drive to achieve at a high level while working as a consultant
More searches like this
- Banking & Finance Head of Legal PQE 10+ jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate/M&A Head of Legal PQE 10+ jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Finance Head of Legal PQE 10+ jobs in London (Central)
- Private Equity Head of Legal PQE 10+ jobs in London (Central)
- Capital Markets Head of Legal PQE 10+ jobs in London (Central)