Do you have commercial and consumer legal experience and are looking a challenging role within an edgy and forward thinking business? Keep reading because Missguided are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Manchester.
We are Missguided. We are the global fashion brand that never sits still. We are the late night lovers and the dirty dreamers, saying laters to the haters and imitators. We tell it straight with the hottest designs and unique product inspired by everything in our world; the catwalk, street style and celebs. We are not fast fashion; we are rapid fashion, delivering the freshest threads in the quickest time. we believe shopping is a right, not a luxury and we’ll take the risks no one else dares to take in order to get the hottest looks out into the universe for you to kick ass in. Welcome to our world where we do things the Missguided way.
The Legal Counsel will be managing day to day legal work including contract reviews, drafting, corporate administration and advising the multi-discipline teams throughout the company (including marketing, creative, retail, products, logistics and warehousing and IT). Duties include:
- The successful candidate will be expected to research unfamiliar areas and advise appropriately and reliably on the same.
- The successful candidate will also be required to assist General Counsel on strategic projects from time to time and supervise work undertaken by the paralegal in the team.
The Ideal Legal Counsel:
We are looking for a Legal Counsel who can demonstrate experience dealing with a range of commercial and consumer matters including drafting and reviewing a range of contracts from complex IT contracts to consumer facing terms and conditions and advising on associated areas such as advertising requirements, consumer rights, intellectual property, confidentiality, data protection, anti-bribery and modern slavery.
The successful candidate will be tenacious, conscientious, hardworking and thorough and have lots of energy to work fast and efficiently. You must be approachable and be accommodating to the fact that they are not advising legal personnel and therefore, must be able to translate legal concepts into simple, understandable terms. Creativity and an ability to think outside the box are essential for success in this role as well as a genuine enthusiasm for the brand.
You will Receive:
In Return for your hard work as our Legal Counsel, you will receive a competitive salary as well a range of benefits including:
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Staff discount
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Death in service benefits
- Brand new, state of the art, fun working environment. Spacious desk areas, café, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Regular team and companywide social events and parties
If you have the Skills and Experience to become our Legal Counsel, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY!