Community Integrated Care is one of the UK’s largest health and social care charities which provides care and support to thousands of people across England and Scotland. We are currently seeking a commercial solicitor to join the legal department, providing legal advice and support to various client departments within the organisation and, where required, to the executive team and trustees.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Managing a range of contracts, including those for the supply of goods and services, service level agreements, housing management agreements, contracts with suppliers and standard terms and conditions
- Reviewing tender documentation, including publicly procured contracts and advising the Executive Team regarding risks and negotiating onerous terms.
- Dealing with property matters including drafting and negotiating heads of terms, leases and licences, dealing with disposals and legal charges/pre-emptions, and ensuring statutory compliance in respect of all property related matters.
- Drafting procurement documentation relating to the supply of professional services, and other goods and services.
- Providing general legal advice to the Executive Team/Trustees, other client departments and colleagues in our services.
- Providing general advice relating to statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Dealing with contractual and debt related disputes.
- Liaising with external Solicitors, as and when required.
You will be a qualified lawyer with substantial post qualification experience and a proven track record in a commercial legal role. You will have demonstrable experience of undertaking complex legal cases, sound and up-to-date technical knowledge, and an excellent understanding of commercial and company law. Experience working within a complex health and social care environment would be beneficial, along with an understanding of charity law and key government health and social care policies.
You will need to be able to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders, be highly self-motivated, and be able to make sound business decisions.