Legal Director – UK
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.
- Responsible for supporting our UK Leadership team by providing business legal advice on issues related to commercial transactions, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, and settlements and litigation
- Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of this particular business within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders
- Provides a full range of business and legal advice and may specialize in one of more areas such as NHS procurement regulations, commercial transactions, contracts law, health care regulations and compliance
- Licensed to practice law in England and Wales
- Solid work experience at a large international law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Extensive legal and regulatory experience on general commercial and transactional issues, including corporate vehicles and contractual structures; UK and EU procurement laws and conflicts of interest regulations; outsourcing structures; Lead Provider Framework; pharmacy law; and UK and EU privacy regulations (including GDPR)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; executive presence and demonstrated leadership acumen
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems related to assigned legal projects
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts in domestic and international settings
- Demonstrated legal and regulatory work experience supporting NHS providers and/or private sector health organization in the development of new models of care and the establishment of accountable care organizations and sustainability and transformation plans
- Demonstrated legal and regulatory work experience with UK Companies Act including corporate secretary and general governance policies / procedures, related filings and corporate board of directors requirements
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.