Job title: Contract Specialist
Team: European Purchasing Centre
Location: Corporate office: Uxbridge
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum (pro rata)
Flexible Working Arrangements: 21.5 hours (approximately) split over 3-5 days.
About the Role:
The role will primarily focus on Mitsubishi Electric’s European Purchasing Centre but there will be times when the successful candidate will be required to assist other business divisions at Corporate Office. The role will involve close collaboration with the European Purchasing Centre and the ancillary commercial and procurement teams to deliver clear and practical legal, regulatory and commercial advice as well as to develop commercially focused solutions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of legal contracts (including but not limited to JCT Design & Build contracts and NEC contracts) to protect the commercial and legal interests of Mitsubishi Electric and create added value.
- Ensure that the legal aspect of procurement contracts is efficient with a view to ensuring that the contract terms reflect the commercial interests and adequately balance risk and reward.
- Continually improve standard contracts and guidance notes to reflect changes to legislation to ensure the business can operate on an independent basis where appropriate.
- Help manage and progress disputes (with assistance from external counsel) to protect Mitsubishi Electric’s interests including the management of dispute budgets and assisting to negotiate settlements.
- Keep the business updated on new legislation and regulations and deliver appropriate training to staff where appropriate.
- Support the business on other material legal matters as and when required with assistance from external counsel where appropriate in relation to HR and property matters.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
Experience and qualifications
- UK Qualified barrister, or solicitor (or foreign lawyer who has already achieved UK Professional Recognition of a non-UK qualification) or a minimum 5+ contract management experience.
- Experience of working in commence and industry
- Excellent knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Good IT skills
- Previous in-house experience (desired)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and confident with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to drive initiatives forward to conclusion.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key legal and business considerations and provide targeted solutions and recommendations.
- Well organised and able to prioritise conflicting pressures.
- Business orientated with a desire to influence and proactively engage with all areas of the business in clear and plain English.
- Acts with integrity and in accordance with ethical, legal and compliance standards
Additional Benefits include:
Private Dental care
Company pension scheme
Off-site parking (local authority permit)
Contribution to monthly gym membership
Have the ability to travel freely in Europe.