HEAD OF LEGAL & COMPANY SECRETARY, UK CHARITY
HEAD OF LEGAL & COMPANY SECRETARY
WELL-KNOWN UK CHARITY
Our client is a well-known UK charity looking to hire an experienced lawyer to join them as Head of Legal & Company Secretary. The main purpose of the role is to provide pragmatic high quality legal and commercial advice and leadership for all aspects of the charity's affairs. You will be expected to contribute to the charity's strategy and direction and lead and mentor a small but high performing legal team.
Key roles and responsibilities:
* Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of routine and complex agreements
* Serve as Company Secretary to the charity and its subsidiaries, together with the current Assistant Company Secretary
* Serve as the charity's Data Protection Officer
* Manage the charity's intellectual property portfolio
* Manage and maintain relationships with all external legal advisors
* Ensure the charity complies with all applicable regulations including charity regulation, fundraising regulation, company law and data protection.
Required skills and experience:
* In depth knowledge of commercial, regulatory, compliance and data protection requirements
* Strong track record as senior in-house lawyer
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Excellent negotiation and communication skills
* Knowledge of charity, health and social care or retail sectors is desirable, as is knowledge of charity and/or fundraising regulation. However, relevant experience from any consumer-facing industry will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced lawyer to join a committed and passionate charity with a fantastic reputation. For more information and applications please contact Philippa Bavinton or Harry Offer at Kinsella Legal.