PARALEGAL (3+ years experience) – LONDON – Major Offshore Firm – Interviewing Now!
Offshore Legal has been instructed by a major client to source an ambitious paralegal for their London office. The team advise on a broad range of corporate and finance transactions for a portfolio of clients comprising many of the world's leading corporations, financial institutions and capital markets participants.
Candidates should have a law degree or paralegal qualification and at least three years relevant experience at a leading private practice firm(s).
- To work as part of a team delivering legal services to a high-standard by assisting the relevant lawyers in running their practices
- To prepare first drafts of documents, including memorandum and articles of association; corporate approvals; transaction documents; legal opinions; and security registration filings
- To review certain transaction documents and alert the relevant lawyers to pertinent issues arising in relation thereto
- To implement and maintain the billing and collections system for relevant matters, including drafting fee estimates and preparing invoices and invoice narratives
- To maintain accurate records and correspondence files in relation to client files
- To carry out conflict searches
- To maintain personal knowledge and expertise on the legislative and specialist aspects relevant to the job
- To liaise with clients as appropriate and in accordance with instructions from the relevant lawyers
- To participate in special projects as and when required in relation to the Firm's and the department's practice areas
- To conduct legal research in accordance with instructions from the relevant lawyers
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of effectiveness in each of the following:
- Working independently and as a team member
- Managing a complex and demanding workload and prioritising tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets
- Communicating clearly and effectively legal matters, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of understanding. This will include high-quality correspondence
- Using and updating computerised systems, including the intranet, databases, word processors, and spreadsheets
- Participating in continuously improving services through critically evaluating systems of work, promoting new ideas and actively developing service improvements
- Working in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances and emergency situations
The firm pays extremely well and it is most likely that your work/life balance will improve.
For more information, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be handled with the utmost discretion and your CV will never go anywhere without your prior knowledge and consent.
Offshore Legal - #1 offshore legal recruitment specialists
More jobs like this
- PQE 6 - 10 years Trainees & Graduates Banking & Finance jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years Trainees & Graduates Corporate/M&A jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years Trainees & Graduates Corporate Finance jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years Trainees & Graduates Private Equity jobs in London (Greater)
- PQE 6 - 10 years Trainees & Graduates Capital Markets jobs in London (Greater)