Sports Law Associate - London
Sports Law Associate - London
The Sports Consultancy Legal is a specialist sports law firm, affiliated to leading UK-based sports marketing and consulting agency, The Sports Consultancy. Our clients include some of the world’s largest international sports federations, rights holders, cities and brands.
We are now looking for an ambitious associate with a passion for the sports business to join our team of market-leading lawyers. The successful candidate will work entirely within sports-related work, supporting our team’s core sports marketing law base with the opportunity to develop their own specialist skill set within this progressive environment.
Uniquely, our team is fully integrated across the wider sports marketing and consultancy business, allowing our lawyers to combine technical excellence with unrivalled commercial and strategic know-how and expertise in the sports industry across a number of areas, including:
- Event bidding and hosting
- Sponsorship, endorsement and commercial partnerships
- Media rights
- Governance, investigations and inquiries
- Due diligence
- Procurement (public and private)
- Brand protection and intellectual property
This is a client-facing role in which business development is strongly encouraged and supported and individuals are expected to contribute to the firm’s marketing activities.
Innovative and cutting edge we, together with The Sports Consultancy and Quest, have also recently launched Global Sports Investigations, an independent intelligence-led inquiries and reviews service for the sport sector, www.globalsportsinvestigations.com.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial and operational agreements for sports events, participating teams, brands and other stakeholders
- Providing practical advice to clients in relation to commercial and regulatory matters
- Assisting in the design of bidding processes and decision-making structures
- Advising The Sports Consultancy in relation to joint ventures and day-to-day business matters
- Involvement in Global Sports Investigations
- Developing a personal reputation with clients for being the ‘go to’ person in specific areas of expertise
Experience and skills:
- Junior to mid-level lawyer with a strong private practice and/or in-house background
- Sports experience is preferable; a keen interest in sports law and the business of sport is essential
- Additional experience in related areas including regulatory, data protection, data licensing, IT & Tech, competition law and/or corporate matters will also be considered favourably
- Candidates will be confident, proactive, commercially-minded and practical
- Candidates must have excellent commercial drafting skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team
There is also the opportunity both for international travel and potential client secondments.
Please visit our website at www.thesportsconsultancy.com
For a discussion in complete confidence, please contact our retained consultant Sarah Baxter at Lexical, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0203 871 2732 or 07930 443222 (Evenings/weekends)
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 3 - 6 years jobs in London (Central)
- Competition/EU In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 3 - 6 years jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate/M&A In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 3 - 6 years jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 3 - 6 years jobs in London (Central)
- Data Protection In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 3 - 6 years jobs in London (Central)