Counsel/Senior Counsel – Investment Operations
The Counsel/Senior Counsel – Investment Operations will be responsible for providing legal and policy advice in relation to AIIB’s private sector and sovereign investment transactions with a view to protecting the Bank’s interests and ensuring compliance with AIIB’s mandate, policies and procedures. Private sector transactions typically include secured and unsecured loans, equity investments, participation in private equity funds, guarantees and other risk-sharing products. Sovereign sector financings include sovereign and sovereign-guaranteed loans.
- Assist in the structuring of transactions, select and manage external legal counsel, draft and negotiate transaction documents, handle signings and closings and assist with the legal aspects of project monitoring.
- Assist in carrying out the Bank's policy mandate in the context of AIIB’s investments, e.g., with a view to ensuring compliance with AIIB’s environmental standards and other policy requirements.
- Assist in the development of specimen legal agreements of AIIB.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other multilateral development banks and development partners to further AIIB’s investment operations work.
- Minimum 5-8 years (for Counsel) and 8-10 years (for Senior Counsel) of post-qualification practice experience, at least part of which at a top-tier international law firm.
- Admission to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Relevant professional experience with English law-governed financing agreements in one or more of the following fields:
- - Cross-border lending transactions involving taking of security.
- - Cross-border private equity investments.
- - Cross-border capital markets transactions.
- Ideally, experience working in or with multilateral development banks.
- Excellent command of English, including drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Ability and resourcefulness to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Experience in working collaboratively in a cross-cultural environment.
- A law degree from a leading university; candidates from civil law jurisdictions would ideally have a post-graduate law degree from a common law jurisdiction.
Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
More jobs like this
- PQE 10+ In House Lawyer / Solicitor Banking & Finance jobs in Hong Kong
- PQE 10+ In House Lawyer / Solicitor Company/Commercial jobs in Hong Kong
- PQE 10+ In House Lawyer / Solicitor Corporate/M&A jobs in Hong Kong
- PQE 10+ In House Lawyer / Solicitor Corporate Finance jobs in Hong Kong
- PQE 10+ In House Lawyer / Solicitor Financial Services jobs in Hong Kong