Counsel – Finance
The Counsel – Finance will be responsible for providing legal and policy advice and assistance to the Finance and other departments of AIIB on funding, derivatives, repos and liquid asset investment operations as well as other Finance matters, with a view to ensuring the highest standards of legal advice and documentation, protection of the interests of AIIB, and compliance with AIIB’s mandate, policies and procedures. The counsel is also expected to work across functional boundaries, as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Provide high-quality legal and policy advice to the Treasury, Controller, Risk Management and other departments of AIIB on the substantive areas referred to above.
- Research, write and present orally on legal issues and draft and negotiate legal texts.
- Promote innovative approaches and seek process and product simplification, working within and developing the institution’s internal legal framework.
- Develop and maintain specimen legal documentation to ensure adherence to best practice and applicable law and to define and reflect relevant AIIB standards and policies.
- Display good judgment and be answerable for the work product and advice provided, contribute to institutional initiatives and advise on the application of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and collaborate in the legal field with other multilateral development banks and development partners to further AIIB’s work in assigned areas.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant professional experience for appointment at Counsel level.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent legal drafting abilities.
- Intellectual leadership and strong interpersonal, diplomatic and partnership skills.
- Ability to innovate while mitigating legal risk.
- Strong communication skills, including speaking persuasively and presenting ideas clearly.
- Excellent command of English, including with drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- A law degree from a leading university and qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
More searches like this
- Banking & Finance In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Hong Kong
- Company/Commercial In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Hong Kong
- Corporate/M&A In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Hong Kong
- Corporate Finance In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Hong Kong
- Financial Services In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Hong Kong