Employment Associate - 2-3 PQE - could be part time - London
A rare opportunity at a specialist firm with a market-leading reputation for advising some of the world's leading businesses, and an excellent reputation for its friendly culture.
Our client is a go-to adviser to many of the world's leading businesses, including tech giants and major names in the fields of FMCG, retail, chemistry and pharmaceuticals, Media, Gaming, and software. Culturally the firm is team-focused, friendly, and flexible. This role could be part-time for the right individual.
The Employment group advises this broad range of clients (ranging from small start-ups to established FTSE-listed and global Blue Chip companies) in relation to:
- employment aspects of M&A transactions and corporate and outsourcing projects (including for public sector suppliers)
- TUPE implications in property transactions
- day-to-day employment queries such as disciplinary and grievance matters
- senior executive issues, including restrictive covenant enforcement and group moves (in conjunction with colleagues in the Commercial Disputes Team)
- collective matters such as redundancies, restructuring, integration and TUPE
- employment advice in insolvency matters
- trade union matters
- ad hoc immigration queries.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with a blue chip client base, and within a very enjoyable culture. The firm offers competitive salary rates and every opportunity for personal development and career progression.
The role requires a self-starter who:
- can draft bespoke employment documentation (including Handbooks and policies)
- can undertake all aspects of contentious employment litigation (with supervision)
- has basic knowledge of pensions law, share benefits, Data Protection issues in employment law and the Modern Slavery Act
- is prepared to work collaboratively and closely other departments at the firm
- will prepare know-how for the group and present to teams on topical employment issues
- is prepared to present at both internal and external seminars and marketing events
- has a drive to grow the practice and contribute to marketing activities. This role would suit a bright, confident lawyer who wants to work closely with a small team and other colleagues across a friendly, world-renowned Firm.
Candidates should be accustomed to assuming a high level of responsibility. They should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development and the wider aspects of the role of an associate, such as knowledge management.
First rate, substantial legal skills and experience are essential. In addition, the position will involve client contact and participation in business development activities, often in collaboration with lawyers in other teams.
As such, the right candidate for this role will be:
- natural, down-to-earth, confident, at ease with people;
- a good team player, enjoy their work but do not take themselves too seriously;
- articulate in writing and orally;
- capable of analysing complex factual and legal situations with a determination to get to the "bottom of things" and come up with sensible commercial solutions, own the drafting and negotiate the deal; and
- able to develop strong relationships with clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Employment practice in a unique firm with a prestigious platform of skills and clients. This position attracts excellent remuneration, and the firm is a genuinely happy workplace.
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on +44 20 34273148 for a confidential discussion.Jameson Legal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.