Legal Counsel - Fixed Income, ECM/DCM - Blue Chip Investment Manager
With fixed income extending its global reach and globalising its support structure. Our client (a blue chip investment manager) needs a lawyer who can guide the business through this; someone who is capable of spotting, analysing and solving legal issues by marshalling top flight technical expertise, and the ability to influence and persuade a diverse range of people, including those at the highest levels of the organisation.
The right candidate will be able to hold their own with some of the leading investment professionals in the industry. To thrive they will need to be capable of understanding the business in depth and applying often ill-fitting legal and regulatory concepts to that business in a commercial way. The role offers the possibility of genuinely partnering the business and owning, with others, the legal risk in respect of it.
- Advising fixed income investment professionals on interpreting law, regulations and investment guidelines; drafting and reviewing equity and bond documents; and advising on unlisted securities, insider trading issues and placings.
- Working with ECM/DCM on legal options and documentation for participation in fixed income transactions.
- Assisting and advising compliance on insider trading issues and wall crossing procedures.
- Providing advice to investment managers on deal structures, complex financing arrangements, proxy voting and associated guidelines.
- Working with the investment team on contentious legal issues with companies in which we invest, such as where there is a bond restructuring or defaults in portfolio securities.
- Assisting the fixed income business growth by working on projects, providing ad hoc legal advice and negotiating documents required to support fixed income products.
- Monitoring legal developments which may affect the investment business and reviewing/drafting, with investment compliance, internal policies on investment matters.
- Presenting training sessions to portfolio managers, analysts and trading on relevant matters.
- Instructing on and managing external counsel as necessary on all of the above.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Qualified Lawyer with 6+ years of post-qualification experience.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales and/or Admitted to the New York Bar.
- Currently in-house or in private practice in the UK with capital market experience preferred.
- An understanding of Regulation S and Rule 144A and some exposure to SEC regulation (not necessary, but advantageous)
For further information please contact Catherine Cook in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 7129 1221