Commercial Lawyer - Leading FinTech Organisation
A unique opportunity for an experienced In-house Legal Counsel to join with a rapidly growing financial services company has arisen at the group's London office. They are seeking an experienced In-house Legal Counsel to take responsibility for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters for the group.
The office environment is extremely fast paced and provides a collaborative, entrepreneurial atmosphere whilst working with different teams throughout the business. This role will be responsible for (but not limited to);
- Handling the day to day legal responsibilities across all departments;
- Understanding all the moving parts of the business and constantly working to improve the legal structure built around them;
- Responsible for reviewing, preparing, negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts, including IP matters, disputes and corporate work.
- Overseeing the Compliance Function;
- Managing all Anti-Money Laundering activities;
- To be the Information Security guide for the Business.
Ideal candidates will be qualified and experienced Solicitor with a good commercial background and will either qualified or working towards Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, ACAMS Certification.
Our client envisages that candidates with 2 - 5 years' PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position; however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact David Smith at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.