Insurance / Commercial Lawyer
Our international Group client is an ambitious organisation looking to add an Insurance / Commercial Lawyer to their In-house legal team at their headquarters in Sevenoaks, Kent. This is a unique opportunity to join an established brand and join a team of high quality lawyers. The position will report into the General Counsel and will consist of providing legal advice and assistance to the Group.
The position will report into the General Counsel and will consist of providing legal advice and assistance to the Group, including;
- Drafting, reviewing, updating and advising on general commercial contracts and agreements;
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on general insurance matters;
- Review, update and improve procedures to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Assisting with and advising on all other legal matters relating to Group companies.
The successful candidate will need to have;
- The ability to draft a diverse range of insurance/commercial agreements and documents in order to support the wide variety of businesses within the Group;
- Participate in meetings and negotiations in the course of which contracts and agreements are developed with customers/suppliers;
- You will have the ability to advise, engage and negotiate with all levels of the business and be capable of undertaking a wide and very varied caseload.
Candidates ideally should be able to point to previous in-house experience. Candidates working in private practice but who have completed an in-house secondment would be of interest.
Our client envisages that candidates with 4 or more years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact David Smith at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.