Employment Associate 0-2 PQE (Glasgow/Edinburgh)
This is your chance to join a premier and growing employment team, advising major commercial clients, many of whom are household names. Our work is client facing, varied, fast-paced and challenging and offers huge variety, covering the full spectrum of employment law matters.About the role You will be involved in providing practical and commercial advice to clients in relation to:
- day-to-day employment queries, such as disciplinary and grievance matters, maternity/family leave issues and working time questions;
- more strategic projects like complying with the gender pay gap reporting regulations or GDPR;
- employment tribunal, civil court and appeal litigation;
- senior executive issues, including negotiating appointments and exits;
- collective matters such as restructuring, redundancies, integration and TUPE;
- industrial relations and trade union matters;
- corporate, commercial and real estate transactions, business transfers and outsourcings.
- be a Scottish or English newly qualified solicitor with a passion for employment law or a more experienced employment lawyer (up to 2 PQE) looking to be part of a dynamic and growing team;
- ideally, have some experience of corporate support, TUPE and employment tribunal work;
- be hard working, enjoy a challenge and be happy to work as part of the team to meet deadlines;
- be well-organised and proactive;
- have good written and oral communication skills;
- be keen to get involved in business development events.
- A strong academic record and (bags of!) enthusiasm are a must.
- Appropriate legal qualification.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world's 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.Equal opportunities
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status ("Protected Characteristics").
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Phoebe Napier, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.