COUNSEL - CONSUMER PRODUCTS/E-COMMERCE/FMCG
COMMERCIAL/FMCG LAWYER FOR GLOBAL MEDIA BRAND
5+ YEARS' PQE, LONDON
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Our client is a media giant, respected and loved the world over.
We are looking for a commercial lawyer to join the Consumer Products team for a fixed term maternity cover contract starting June/July 2018 for 12 months.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team of lawyers providing legal advice and support to the Consumer Products (Merchandise & Licensing), Publishing, Retail, E-commerce and Emerging Markets division. This will include the drafting of all commercial agreements including licenses and distribution (including digital distribution) agreements and the provision of general commercial advice (including competition law advice) and support in all of the areas listed.
The team also coordinates across the EMEA region where necessary (including, but not limited to close liaison with local counsel in territories involved).
The position requires a lawyer with exposure to general contract and commercial law, digital and e-commerce issues, established drafting skills and the ability to handle multiple competing matters with a commercial mind set. Ideally, the candidate will have some knowledge and background of Toys and/or Publishing but this is not essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- think strategically: examine issues from a broad perspective and develop clear strategies
- drive results: analyse problems and take effective action to resolve
- build relationships: facilitate win-win situations and communicate clearly
- exhibit professional excellence: stay up to date on business issues, industry trends and technology advances
We are looking for skills in the following areas:
- Contract, IP and/or Media law expertise (in-house or private practice)
- Ideally some knowledge of Toys & Publishing sectors within FMCG/Consumer Products
- Contractual responsibilities in Business Delivery
- Knowledge of competition law
- Understanding of different contractual types and structures
- Understanding of digital distribution issues relating to apps and e-publishing products
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Accurate completion of license agreements within agreed timelines
You will provide continuing support to the Contract Management Centre (CMC) and provide general legal support to the Retail arm, including on global supply chain management issues, direct sourcing and consumer law.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading brand that is passionate about great products. From fashion, toys and home décor to books and magazines, furniture and food, our client captures hearts and inspires lifelong memories.
For further information please contact Sinead Flanagan at Kinsella Legal.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Greater)
- Competition/EU Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Greater)
- Media Private Practice Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Greater)