Worksop - Permanent - Full Time - 39
Our Legal team are looking for a Legal Counsel to join them here at our Worksop Office.
This role supports the Senior Legal Counsel, and legal team generally to ensure that the Group is provided with first class legal advice and support in all areas and is legally compliant at all times. You'll be primarily accountable for the provision of legal advice on all aspects of third party issues, contracts and disputes, including the negotiation and compilation of all third party contracts.
In addition you'll also have responsibility (with the support of external counsel specialists as required) for a wide range of commercial matters such as intellectual property, data protection, litigation, competition law, real property and corporate matters. Our Legal Counsel must ensure that our business interests are protected; providing advice, addressing disputes, supporting negotiations and managing litigation where required.
Commercial Third Party Contracts and Disputes:
- Contracts - provide legal support (including giving legal advice and drafting appropriate documentation) to all heads of departments relating to third party commercial relationships: from supplier selection through to set up of arrangement, management during term and closing down of the relationship (where appropriate) in order to mitigate the legal business risk.
- Disputes - provide legal support (including giving legal advice and preparing appropriate documentation) to all heads of departments relating to third party disputes and litigation (including intellectual property disputes) in order to mitigate the legal business risk, and advise upon the development of mitigation strategies to reduce the risk of disputes and litigation arising.
- Contract management – provide legal support (including giving legal advice and preparing appropriate documentation) to all heads of departments relating to ongoing contract management.
- Build and develop the current bank of legal precedents, standard documentation and guidance notes for use throughout the business, ensuring that these are fit for purpose and meeting business need.
- Present third party contracts and leases for signing by the CFO, detailing the specific risks and business benefits of terms within.
- Ensure all appropriate systems and controls exist to manage contractual risk in all third party relationships. Ensure prioritisation of resources to meet key needs of business.
- Build and develop effective relationships with key advisors at external law firms, utilising these for support with specialism’s and additional workloads and directing the workflow as required.
Legal Advice and Training:
- Proactively provide legal advice and/or training on applicable legislation relating to Wilko’s contractual relationships with suppliers and continually seek to raise awareness of legal issues throughout the business.
- Assess the potential impact of new and changed laws and regulations which impact upon Wilko’s third party relationships and provide the business areas with advice and recommendations.
From time to time, you'll support the Head of Legal to provide (or source and manage external law firms) legal advice on a broad range of legal matters affecting the Group, including health and safety, regulatory, commercial property, environmental, competition, anti-bribery, marketing, e-commerce, data protection, customer services, HR, trading standards, corporate, intellectual property, international law and special projects.
What we need from you
Commercial in house experience preferred.
Experience in retail environment desirable.
Significant experience of commercial contract law is required.
Working knowledge of broad range of legal matters which may the Group, including health and safety, data protection, intellectual property, competition law, and commercial property desirable.
Ability, in a fast changing environment, to make decisions, prioritise competing priorities and self manage multiple tasks.
Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, in order to effectively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders at all levels within the Group.
Strong commercial awareness, negotiation and problem-solving skills, with adaptability and perseverance to ensure any issues are resolved.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications without secretarial support
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Worksop
- Competition/EU In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Worksop
- Intellectual Property In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Worksop
- Data Protection In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Worksop
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in Worksop