TV LAWYER - INTERIM (NON-SCRIPTED)
TV/MEDIA LAWYER - NON SCRIPTED
3-6 MONTH INTERIM CONTRACT
Our client is a growing international television studio which has also successfully grown an international format production and distribution business, headquartered in London.
Kinsella Legal is recruiting for a role is in the non-scripted Legal and Business Affairs team, supporting the VP of Legal and Business Affairs and ultimately reporting to the SVP of Business and Legal Affairs. You will work principally with the non-scripted production labels.
The successful candidate will:
- Negotiate, draft and review development agreements, format licences, production commissioning agreements, co-production agreements, first look agreements, together with contributor, talent, location, facilities, supplier and access agreements. You will manage the full suite of agreements relevant to television, digital development and production, as well as the licensing of formats.
- Work closely with the VP Legal and Business Affairs Formats and Merchandising to support the negotiation, review and drafting of merchandising, digital and other ancillary exploitation agreements.
- Advise on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, chain of title and clearance matters both in the context of UK and US rights-holders.
- Advise on UK and international compliance-related questions.
- Assist in keeping contracting processes current and effective.
- Generally, ensure all contractual documentation is completed to required standards.
You will be a qualified lawyer with solid experience of TV production and must be comfortable joining a team where you will be picking up the reigns and running with things quite quickly.