Company Secretary/Corporate Administrator – BERMUDA
Offshore Legal has just been instructed to source another company secretary by a major client in Bermuda. This role will suit ICSA qualified candidates with circa 2- 7 years of direct experience.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the complete management and delivery of quality corporate administrative services to an assigned portfolio of local and international companies.
- Acting as Secretary or Assistant Secretary to companies as required.
- Responding to requests from duly authorized client representatives for changes to the constitutional documents for each company, eg, increases and reductions of share capital, company name changes, amendments to the Bye‑Laws and/or the Memorandum of Association/Incorporating Act, etc.
- Arranging for the certification of each company’s constitutional documents and minutes as required.
- Making application to and notify the relevant regulatory authorities in relation to changes in the constitution of each company as required.
- Convening Board and Shareholder meetings for each company. Ensure that related proxies are current and that there will be a quorum at such meetings.
- Attending Board and Shareholder meetings for companies as required, and provide advice on corporate secretarial matters, as necessary.
- Recording Board and Shareholder meeting minutes, and draft and circulate such minutes to the appropriate parties.
- Providing assistance with the provision of boardroom and other support facilities for meetings held in Bermuda.
- Ensuring that annual company, business, filing and license fees payable in accordance with the relevant legislation are collected and remitted to the regulatory authorities on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that the corporate records of each company are current, the company is in compliance and in good order and changes to the regulatory and administrative status of each company is maintained in ViewPoint on a current basis.
- Maintaining current billing, contact and address information for each company using the Interaction database.
- Completing time recording on a daily basis for posting to the accounting records for each company.
- Ensuring the annual service and variance fee invoices are produced and distributed for each company, and follows-up on the outstanding accounts receivable for each company ensuring that the appropriate overdue reminder and suspension of services notices are sent as required.
- Participating in the opening of bank accounts for each company and the execution of related documentation required by the bank.
- Maintaining the Register of Members, Register of Directors and Officers and Minute book for each company.
- Obtaining, to the extent possible, a copy of audited financial statements or quarterly management accounts for each company.
- Preparing powers of attorney and where required has such documents notarized, legalized and appropriately minuted.
- Assisting with preparing applications for incorporating all types of Bermuda companies and partnerships.
- Ensuring that local companies maintain the 60/40 rule and where not maintained, the appropriate license from the regulatory authority is in place.
- Assigning daily work task activity to Administrative Assistants and assists with the identification and recommendation of seminars, workshops, lunch and learn sessions and work-related courses in support of the continual professional development of Administrative Assistants.
- Assisting Management with the general administration of client and company processes.
The low tax rate, beautiful beaches, warm weather and active expat community make Bermuda a hugely desirable place to live.
For more information, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be handled with the utmost discretion and your CV will nevergo anywhere without your prior knowledge and consent.
Offshore Legal - #1 offshore legal recruitment specialists
At Offshore Legal we understand that successful recruitment is underpinned by professional results-oriented relationships with both our Clients and Candidates. Michael Burbidge has 12+ years of direct experience recruiting almost exclusively for offshore Private Practice firms in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, London, Jersey, Guernsey, Hong Kong and Singapore. Michael has spent 6 years working in the Cayman Islands, 5 in London and has also lived in Hong Kong and Jersey so knows these jurisdictions/regions intimately.