We are seeking to recruit two motivated and reliable paralegals to offer support to our corporate and commercial teams in our Thames Valley office, initially on a 12 month fixed-term contract. Your workload will be very varied, reflecting the range of advice we provide to our interesting mix of clients and there is scope for autonomy and client contact for the right candidates. You will be working with teams of lawyers who are well-recognised within the Thames Valley area and nationally for their advice to clients operating in sectors including automotive, digital platforms, advertising and venture capital. Categories of work that will be undertaken include:
For our commercial team:
- research concerning a range of legal and commercial topics for client advice
- keeping a watching brief on the status of new laws and the outcome of regulator investigations
- conducting reviews of commercial contracts and reporting on areas of risk
- assisting members of the team with presentations to be provided at client training events or industry conferences
- reporting to clients on the content of their template contracts (such as to assess GDPR compliance)
- carrying out due diligence into client's intellectual property portfolios
For our corporate team:
- preparation of board minutes and Companies House forms
- co-ordinating specialists' input into disclosure letters/bundles
- carrying out due diligence in relation to corporate transactions
- managing data rooms (both physical and virtual)
- sense checking and proof reading specialist reports
- preparation of deal manuals and transaction bibles
Technical skills and experience
You'll be an intelligent, articulate individual who has preferably successfully completed the Legal Practice Course with good academics (minimum 2:1 for degree). Previous experience working as a paralegal would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite. Most importantly, you need to be someone who is commercially-minded and able to put yourself in the shoes of the client.
- Be accurate;
- Be organised;
- Be diligent;
- Be a team player;
- Be able to juggle a varied workload within quick turnaround times; and
- Be pro-active and have plenty of common sense.
While predominantly assisting the Thames Valley Commercial and Corporate teams, you will be likely to support a range of different fee-earners in those departments across our UK offices. This will provide you with valuable experience of working for a range of our household name clients and experiencing the range of legal disciplines our teams focus on (such as M&A, venture capital, advertising and sponsorship, IT and IP licensing to name but a few). The successful candidate will be reporting to Anna Williams who heads the Thames Valley Commercial team with regards to work for the commercial team, and to Sara Valentine who heads the Thames Valley Corporate team with regards to work for the corporate team.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or email@example.com.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.