TV SCRIPTED LAWYER - MANAGER (1 YEAR PQE+)
MEDIA LAWYER - TV/ SCRIPTED
JUNIOR - MID LEVEL
Our client is a major US studio. One of their highly successful departments which manages a number of UK production labels, and which specialises in drama, is looking for an accomplished Manager, Legal & Business Affairs to join their legal team.
The role of Manager is to work alongside the Director of Business and Legal Affairs and support on the activity relating to growing the scripted business. The post holder will support on scripted legal and business affairs activity, ensuring the unit supports the production entities through development to post-production whilst meeting legal regulations demanded by each territory in which it operates.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the negotiation, drafting and review of the full range of agreements in the context of television and digital development and production and format licensing (e.g. development agreements, format licences, production and commissioning agreements, co-production agreements, first look agreements, as well as contributor, talent, location, facilities, supplier and access agreements)
- Advise on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, chain of title and clearance matters both in the context of UK and US rights-holders
- Advise on UK and international compliance-related questions
- Assist in keeping contracting processes current and effective
- Generally, ensure all contractual documentation is completed to required standards
You will be a qualified lawyer with an excellent training contract behind you and a strong academic background and at least 1 year of PQE. You will have a keen interest in the Media industry, in particular Television, and ideally within a scripted environment. You do not need to have prior experience in this exact area but any experience is welcome.
We are looking to move fairly quickly with this role so please do apply to avoid disappointment.