Power Associate / Senior Associate
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven associate with quality industry EPC and contracting experience to join our Power team.
About the role Our Power team is a market-leading team, ranked tier 1 by Legal 500 and Chambers and consistently nominated for Energy team of Year, year-on-year. We have been at the cutting edge of the Power industry for 30 years, advising the full range of clients from incumbent utilities to developers, funders, suppliers, contractors and large consumers. Our client base and focus of our practice is shifting as the energy market looks to the future and this is an exciting time to join our dynamic, enthusiastic, quality team. With this role we are looking to EPC and contracting experience in the Power sector to work closely with one of our new partners and develop the skill set of our junior lawyers. The role will involve:
- Leading contracting advice on major power projects.
- Support on contracting advice in the context of broader power sector issues, for example, PPAs, Real Estate Developments, etc.
- Due diligence on large corporate matters.
- Using project management and digital skills to drive continuous improvement in the way we tailor our service delivery.
- Coordinating advice with other teams in the firm.
- Working as one team with our junior members, supporting their development and giving them the tools to drive this forward.
- Promoting our skills and expertise within the firm.
- Supporting the business development in the UK and globally externally, including by speaking at conferences and leading client training sessions.
- have directly relevant experience in Power sector EPC and contracting;
* have a background in construction law;
- be skilled in project management and up to speed with law tech and what it can offer;
- be hard working, enjoy a challenge and be happy to work as part of the team to meet deadlines;
- be well-organised and proactive;
- have excellent attention to detail;
- have good written and oral communication skills;
- be willing to attend business development events and take the initiative in business development.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world's 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.Equal opportunities
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status ("Protected Characteristics").
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Phoebe Napier, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.