IT transactions/Data protection - disrupting FS leader - £££
Our client is a major multi-faceted financial services institution, with roots tracing back over more than 300 years.
The company is focused on disrupting the industry to become a leader in the digital space, and this role sits within a purpose-built team which has been created to proactively support the business to this end, by facilitating as well as mitigating legal risk. An exciting digital transformation is underway, and in this role you will have an opportunity to create a significant impact.
The role is an even mix of Data Protection and IT/Commercial and ideally you will have experience in both of these areas. However, a strong lawyer with the right approach and an understanding of technology who is keen to learn would also be of interest.
Arguably more important than a specific skill set is your willingness and attitude.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter
- Highly motivated with a "can do" attitude
- Results orientated
- A strong communicator with well-honed influencing skills
- Able to work with people at different levels and from different backgrounds
In this role you'll need to develop professional, supportive and facilitative relationships with colleagues within the team, the broader legal function and, senior stakeholders across the business.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the business unit's relationship with relevant regulatory and industry bodies;
- Advising on privacy by design & default in relation to digital assets, including providing legal advice on functionality requirements, appropriate fair processing notices, privacy policies and supporting the business with meeting data governance requirements;
- Supporting projects on the delivery of proprietary and third party systems integration;
- Advising on privacy and data protection concerns on the use of big data analytics, automated processing and profiling;
- Advising on privacy and data protection matters relevant on the inception and furtherance of strategic partnerships;
- Completion of legal risk reports which summarize material legal risk issues for own area of accountability;
- Proactive contribution to the sharing of expertise and resource across Legal so as to make best use of internal resource.
While the ideal candidates will have deep experience of data protection, this is an exceptional role for a good commercial all-rounder with a can-do attitude. You'll be qualified as a barrister or solicitor in a common law jurisdiction, with PQE gained from either private practice or in-house (ideally within the technology/digital/fintech industries). While it is expected that the right person will probably have between 3 and 8 years' PQE, more important is that you are smart, proactive, and passionate about innovative technology and working with like-minded legal professionals within a fast-paced and challenging environment.
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to email@example.com or call David on +4420 3950 0528 for a confidential discussion.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in London (Central)
- Data Protection In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in London (Central)
- Technology/Telecoms In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services In House Lawyer / Solicitor PQE 6 - 10 years jobs in London (Central)