Fintech in the City - 5+ £Excellent
Our client is an international financial services business which offers its customers technology allowing them to execute trades and manage risk. Their products and services support the entire trade lifecycle - pre; during and post-execution, and their electronic trading platforms are best in class..
Due to a consistent and growing work load as the legal function integrates with the business, they are looking for an additional 5+ PQE commercial lawyer with an understanding of technology and preferably the financial services industry to join the team based in the City.
This role sits within the legal team and assists the business in its day to day activities and initiatives, ensuring legal risk is understood, business aims are achieved and that the overall position of the group is safeguarded.
The role involves working closely with colleagues in the business, front office and core infrastructure functions to provide legal and commercial advice, contract negotiation, project and problem solving work and support for new business initiatives. To be successful you'll need to be adaptable and develop with and understand the business and its needs.
This is an exceptional opportunity for good commercial lawyer.
- Support the department and business on projects, cross-jurisdictional issues and business development.
- Assist and support commercial and other transactional work, including providing ad hoc and strategic legal advice.
- Review, negotiate and oversee the execution of commercial contracts, including Terms of Business, customer contracts and vendor agreements, critical outsourcing contracts, precedents and contractual issues related to the above.
- Maintain effective and close working relationships with the business and colleagues to maintain a proactive and co-operative working environment.
- Representing the legal team on cross-functional project teams in respect of new business initiatives.
- Assist the company's overseas based in-house lawyers with UK law queries.
- Ensure relevant documentation is correctly managed, protected and filed.
- Identify / deliver training to the business
- Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- High quality training from an established law firm and/or legal department and most likely 5+ years' post-qualification experience of commercial contract drafting/negotiating;
- Ideally experience working in-house within either financial services or technology;
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to get on with colleagues at all levels and a proactive, "can do" attitude
This is an excellent role for commonwealth-qualified lawyers with solid commercial experience looking for a high quality in-house technology-focused role in the City.
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to email@example.com or call David on 02039500528 for a confidential discussion.Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Apply for Fintech in the City - 5+ £Excellent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly